Remember, if you want to be featured for the Blogger Spotlight, please read the requirements, HERE, and I'd love to feature you next!
1. Can you tell us a little about yourself, what do you do when you're not blogging?
When I’m not blogging believe it or not I am doing everything. I'm a full time Site Director for a learning program so I travel a lot to my schools (in New York, Houston & Denver) to implement my program in the public school systems. When I am not blogging, at work, or writing for other magazines (MissMean Shoe & Examiner) I am catching the latest sample sales and dining at some great restaurants in the city.
2. Why did you decide to start a blog?
I was always on the computer looking at blogs (while watching Sex & the City re-runs) when it just hit me… “Hey, why don’t you start your own blog?" Those who know me well know that I’m all about finishing my Masters program and working hard at my job, and starting a fashion blog was something that no one expected me to do.
3. There are so many blogs out there. How do you make yours stand out from others in the same genre?
I don’t like to post what everyone is posting about. I think for my blog I have to be creative... think outside of the box. When I first started blogging I was quoting a lot of lyrics to go with my posts. I was using my love of music and incorporating it into my site. I also like to push the envelope a bit and be edgy. For example, to state how much I love shoes, MAC Cosmetics, or accessories, I'll refer to it as "shoe wh*re", "MAC wh*re", or "accessory wh*re, etc. I like to take my readers inside my mind. This is where “A Fendi Bag And A Bad Attitude” came from- it’s catchy, it's different, it's me!
4. What are the top 5 blogs that you follow? Why?
• FashionBombDaily- I need to get my daily fix of everything happening fashion. I met Claire, the founder, a few times and she is so refreshing and inspiring-I have so much respect for her!
• FemmesWithBenefits- These girls (Kim, Sojo, and Asia) are FAB! It’s great to see a blog run by three females with three different personalities. They are "females empowering females”… why wouldn’t you want to follow that?
• Nina Garcia- She's been the Fashion Director of Elle, the current Fashion Director of Marie Claire and a fabulous judge on Project Runway... why wouldn’t I follow her? She epitomizes fashion and has the answer to the hottest trends each season. Everything she does gives me life and makes me work a little harder to get myself into one of those fashion tents.
• Monica Rose- She's the BEST stylist (and not to mention, shes also the personal stylist to the Kardashian clan.) You may not like the Kardashians but you know you love and respect their style. Everything from their accessories to shoes comes from the styling genius of the “style god” Monica Rose.
• MissMeanShoe- I am a “shoe wh*re” so why not follow a fellow "shoe-nista" who shares the same passion for shoes as I do! MissMeanShoe is my daily fix for everything shoes- from new sales to what my favorite celebs are wearing. I write for MissMeanShoe so you know my shoe game has to be crazy as well.
5. What 3 beauty products can you never leave the house without?
• My MAC concealer
• My MAC or Victoria’s Secret lip-gloss
• My compact make-up case
6. What do you love most about being a blogger?
I like the fact that I have an opportunity to write for my personal site and also get to do freelance writing for other magazines. I also enjoy attending events (amazing swag bags!) and I've also met some fabulous fellow bloggers… some who are now my really good friends.
*Be sure to check Tammy out at A Fendi Bag And A Bad Attitude! And let me know if you want your blog to be featured next!
Click HERE To Follow This Blog :)